Mel's Beer Corn
Darkside AKA Mel is one of the biggest house names in our BBQ community! He’s well known for his amazing out-of-the-ordinary recipes! He’s partnered with some of the biggest names in town and does events with his ginormous offset smoker! Have you seen the thing? It’s a beauty and well if you ever get a chance to taste the food that is cooked on it! It is to die for, literally!
If you ever want to cater an event with BBQ he’s the man you’re gonna want! He will light up any space with his outgoing personality! His personality & food speak for themselves! Not only does this man have 70k Plus followers, but he’s also a world food championship qualifier so this man knows what he’s talking about! Oh and did I mention, he's been on national television? Wild right?
This recipe is one of Mel’s staples. It's been tested over and over again & people love it!
Darkside’s Beer Corn:
What you’ll need:
- Sweet Corn, Husk on & Trimmed on both ends
- Bottle of beer, Your choice
What you’ll need to top it off:
- Cojita Cheese OR Black & Bleu
- Tanjin OR Garlic Butter OR Your Fave BBQ Rub
- Bacon Bits
- Twist the husks to loosen it from the kernels just enough to allow the beer to sink in & remove any lose husk pieces.
- Place the corn and beer in a gallon-sized resealable bag with all the air removed. Massage the beer around to ensure that it is evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, make sure to go in again after an hour to recirculate the beer.
- Preheat your Charcoal grill at 300°F - 325°F
- Remove the corn from the beer marinade and place it on the grill. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the grill once the husks start separating from the corn and the kernels soften.
- Wrap the corn in tin foil and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Remove the husk and enjoy!
For a street corn style, add your optional toppings and enjoy!
This super easy recipe is great for anyone wanting to try something a little different from their traditional sides. The beer elevates the corn to the next level and you’ll probably never eat corn the same way ever again!Test out this recipe and share with us your thoughts! Don’t forget to tag Darkside too!