Trip's Pizza Meatloaf
Believe it or not, we’ve only had the luxury of meeting this amazing guy once and boy let me tell you he is one of the most down-to-earth guys you’ll ever meet! We see his amazing recipes all over the internet and if you haven’t heard of him before you’re really living under a rock.
Triple6grill AKA Josh S. comes from a village….yes you read that right a VILLAGE, by the name of Fox Valley. It’s a tiny community located in Saskatchewan! Aside from the good ol’ outdoor Canadian things you can do Josh started his Traeger journey back in 2017 and has garnered a huge following of 23k plus followers over the years with his eye-catching recipes and amazing personality! If you don't already follow him make your way to his Instagram to like and follow!! Fair warning though, you might get a little hangry if you stare with an empty stomach!
Believe me! I see it on a daily and may just be a little hungry all the time!! Haha
Enough about Josh! Let's jump into his recipe! He was so gracious enough to share his “Trip’s Pizza Meatloaf” Recipe with us for the launch of our new blog!
Trip’s Pizza Meatloaf:
What you’ll need:
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 lbs Ground Pork
- 1 Cup Chopped Pizza Pepperoni
- 1 Cup Pizza/ Marinara Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning OR Mix Traeger Blackened Sask w/ Fin & Feather
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ⅓ Cup Diced Onions
- ⅓ Cup Diced Green Peppers
- ⅓ Cup Pork Panko Crumbs
- 1 Tsp Salt & Pepper
What you’ll need to top it off:
- 1 ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni Slices
- Chili Flakes
- Start by frying the onions & peppers in a pan with some butter, olive oil or Duck Fat until softened.
- Then in a separate bowl add all the meatloaf ingredients together and mix well by hand. Form a “meat log” or loaf.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil to save yourself the messy cleanup! Place the pizza loaf onto the baking sheet and if possible use a cooling rack to elevate the loaf to prevent it from swimming in its juices while cooking.
- Set your Traeger to 225°F, with Cherry or Apple pellets. While you wait for your Traeger to preheat sprinkle some extra seasonings all around the loaf.
- Once the Traeger is up to temp, place the baking sheet on the grill and cook at 225°F for 1 hour. Then bump the temp to 350°F.
- Once you’ve reached an internal temp of 155°F - 160°F sprinkle the chili flakes on top & pour the remaining pizza sauce on top.
- Don’t forget to top your loaf off with as many mozzarella cheese slices as you wish, then add the pepperoni slices.
- Crank the Traeger to 400°F+ and let your pizza loaf cook for another 10-15 mins. When the internal temp hits between 160°F - 165°F, you may remove your loaf from the grill.
- Let your Pizza Loaf rest for 15 mins before slicing in & if you want you can warm up a little extra pizza sauce to drizzle on top!
From the pro himself! If you like it spicy, throw in some jalapenos to the meat mixture or just add “EXTRA” chili flakes.
WARNING: The loaf is incredibly addicting! So if you have those cravings at 3 in the morning make sure to let Josh know he’s outdone himself!